In an unprecedented event, the Powerball jackpot has soared to an estimated $1 billion, making it the third-largest prize in the game’s history. This incredible sum has garnered significant attention and anticipation from lottery enthusiasts across the nation. Powerball, in a press release, confirms that this jackpot ranks as the seventh-largest lottery jackpot ever recorded in the United States.
For those dreaming of their chance to win big, the estimated cash value of the grand prize stands at a staggering $516.8 million, according to Powerball.
Here’s everything you need to know about this extraordinary opportunity:
- Powerball Drawings and Next Schedule: Powerball drawings take place live every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday at 10:59 p.m. ET from the Florida Lottery draw studio in Tallahassee. You can also watch the drawings via live stream on Powerball.com. The next drawing is scheduled for Wednesday, July 19.
- Where to Buy Powerball Tickets and Pricing: Powerball tickets are available for purchase at $2 each in 45 U.S. states, including Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In Idaho and Montana, Powerball is bundled with Power Play, which allows winners to multiply non-jackpot prizes. The minimum purchase price for a ticket with Power Play is $3.
It’s worth noting that more than half of all ticket proceeds remain within the jurisdiction where the ticket was purchased.
- Online Ticket Purchase Options: While players can buy Powerball tickets in person from authorized retailers in participating states, some U.S. states also allow online ticket purchases through their respective lottery agencies. Additionally, individuals can participate through online lottery ticket platforms such as Jackpot.com, either by visiting the website or downloading the mobile app.
- Odds of Winning the Powerball Jackpot: The Powerball jackpot grows in size based on game sales and interest. However, the odds of winning the grand prize remain constant: 1 in 292.2 million. Winners have the option to receive the prize either as an immediate cash lump sum or as 30 annual payments over 29 years. It’s important to note that the advertised prize options do not include federal and jurisdictional taxes.
All winning tickets must be redeemed in the jurisdiction where they were sold.
- How to Play Powerball: To play Powerball, select five numbers ranging from 1 to 69 for the white balls, and choose one number between 1 and 26 for the red Powerball. You can manually select your numbers on a play slip or opt for the lottery terminal to randomly generate them.
For an additional $1, players can add the Power Play feature, which multiplies non-jackpot prizes by two, three, four, five, or ten times. The multiplier number is randomly selected before each drawing. However, the ten-times multiplier is only active when the advertised jackpot annuity is $150 million or less. The Match 5 prize with Power Play always guarantees $2 million.
Please note that federal and jurisdictional taxes are not included in the advertised prize amounts.
Remember, as you participate in the upcoming Powerball drawing, the excitement of what could be awaits. Good luck to all those chasing their dreams of hitting the jackpot!
Attribution: This article is based on information from Powerball.